Thursday, April 15, 2010

Letter to Sue re Len Rich








Photos taken July 2009 - Memory Book of Len Rich




April 13, 2010
Dear Sue:

I apologize for taking so long to print off the remaining photos for Len’s memory book. Possibly, I didn’t want to let go of Len or you, so instead I hung onto them.

It’s hard to let go of someone like Len who was instrumental in helping me write. When I became afraid or doubted myself, I’d think, Len believes in me, and then I'd continued to write.

Len helped me to become published in Sideroads. He inspired me. And last year, The Globe and Mail published my essay, I Love to Drop the F-bomb. It became one of the top ten essays that were read in 2009.

Len always reminded me of Santa Claus. Always willing to help another writer and he mentor us all. His spirit was generous and his laughter was contagious.

In five years, I’ve lost four mentors—Ed Wildman, Colette Chagon (BFF), Janet Bellinger, and Len Rich. I always imagine them mentoring me from heaven. Len was such an important part of our group that I have no adequate words to express our loss.

On the anniversary of his death, although I cannot understand what you’re going through, I will add you to my prayers and ask God to send his angels to wipe away all your tears, and to comfort you.

Blessings always,

Nancy.

1 comment:

Diane Bator, Author & Book Coach said...

Did you give me copies of those pictures? I'll have to check... Nice job on the tribute.