Diane had sent out an email last week advising the group of a Writers Conference in Newmarket on October 26th, 2019, from 8am to 6pm. Information can be found here: https://wcyork.ca/conference/.
The group decided to contribute a prize basket to the event as representation of the Headwaters Writers' Guild. Any published authors who would like to contribute one or more of their works to this basket should contact Patricia or Diane. Patricia will be contacting the Orangeville Public Library for a contribution of one of their book bags to use as the "basket".
Further discussion was had regarding the upcoming anthology. Virginia is still searching for an appropriate cover photo, however, a different title was suggested which would change the picture. The new proposed title is: "What Prompted That?: An Anthology of Writing Prompts". We are considering all possibilities so if anyone has an idea, please let us know. The deadline for submissions is September 1st, 2019. It was agreed that we would stick to our group's colours of gold and blue.
1. Pick a number between 1 & 10 _____
2. Pick a number between 11 & 20 _____
3. Pick a number between 21 & 30 _____
4. Pick a number between 31 & 40 _____
5. Pick a number between 41 & 50 _____
Pick your numbers before continuing.
Pass the page to the person on your left.
Turn the page over (list is below) and fill in the blanks below. Your winning numbers are:
1. Main character: _________________________
2. Location: _________________________
3. Object: _________________________
4. Secondary character: _________________________
5. Goal: _________________________
Write a story using those elements. The goal action may be applied to the object, secondary character, or something else altogether. The secondary character may help, hinder, or do anything you wish. Go wild. But use all 5 elements in some way.
1. Prospector 6. Carpenter
2. Hunter 7. Pirate
3. Cop 8. Executive
4. Mayor 9. Farmer
5. Teacher 10. Explorer
11. Shack 16. Mine
12. Garden 17. Forest
13. Basement 18. Beach
14. Observatory 19. Tower
15. Cliff 20. Library
21. Chest 26. Map
22. Instrument 27. Gun
23. Lantern 28. Envelope
24. Trophy 29. Calendar
25. Star 30. Hat
31. Artist 36. Extra-terrestrial
32. Any bird or animal 37. Witch
33. Angel 38. Mythological creature
34. Time traveller 39. Literary hero
35. Neighbour 40. Twin brother or sister
41. Find 46. Destroy
42. Save 47. Create
43. Hide 48. Help
44. Thwart 49. Capture
45. Appease 50. Rob
Next Meeting: Sunday, July 14th, 2019, 1:30pm
Judy is scheduled to lead
(Note: we are only meeting once in July and once in August)