We are currently updating the website at headwaterswritersguild.com. Those who are currently with the group should either forward updated bios and pictures to the Group Administrator (Patricia) or the Internet Administrator (Shirley), or if you have not been included on the website and would like to be added, forward a bio and picture.
Judy won 2nd place in Caledon's Click, Create, Celebrate Contest for her short story "Stranger in a Strange Land". Congratulations Judy!
Harry Posner's final poetry workshop takes place on Sunday, November 26th, at 1:30pm. Please register at the Orangeville Public Library.
Patricia has ordered 250 business cards for the group. They will contain all social media and the official Headwaters Writers' Guild email address.
Our Christmas luncheon is on Saturday, November 25th, at the Chinese Buffet on First Street. Family members are welcome. As soon as you know, please provide Patricia with your R.S.V.P. Lunch is usually around 12:30 but time has not been finalized.
The Orangeville Public Library has informed us that Words The Orangeville Way (W.O.W.) will take place on Saturday, December 2nd, at the Mill Street location. Members of the Headwaters Writers' Guild are expected to attend to show their support and assist where needed. Anyone wishing to highlight self-published works is welcome to set up a table to showcase their work that day. We suggest a shared table.
On Sunday, October 15th, Clare brought an assortment of objects from his home as writing prompts.
The writing prompts for Sunday, October 29th, provided by Sonja are below.
Write a story that begins with one of the following sentences:
1. I didn't mean to kill her.
2. Sometimes we must do terrible things in the name of love.
3. He carried it with him everywhere.
4. I met him at the crosswords.
5. A baby's cry pierced the night.
6. This was not the cure I'd been hoping for.
7. The door had been nailed shut for a reason.
8. It came out of the shadows.
9. I'll never use an Ouija board again.
10. It wasn't the first time my alarm had gone off at 3 a.m.
11. Trust me. The only good vampire is a dead one.
12. We're all infected.
13. It started the day my keys went missing.
Please feel free to share your work on here.
Next Meeting is Sunday, November 5th, at 1:30pm
Judy will be leading.