Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm speechless!


I've been fighting a headcold for the past few days. Yesterday I woke up with no voice.

Nancy said, "Hm, that's because you have something you want to say or something you said that you regret." (I'm paraphrasing here.) I decided she was sort of right. I've been "trying" to get back to my first novels to edit for the past 4 months and just "can't seem to find the time." Funny how I get sick whenever I am brushing aside the creative work I WANT TO DO and am too busy doing other things.

I have to learn to be my own best cheerleader.

I got some great pictures out on Island Lake this morning. My oldest son is a rower this year.

He hates the early mornings but loves being on the lake. I saw a great example of teamwork this morning. Their boat came in at a 90 degree angle to the dock. Normally they would have to row back out and make a second attempt. Not today. Today they decided to go for it and work with the coaches on shore to land. It took time, patience and a little thought but they docked.

I figure I need to be like the team was this morning. Take my time. Be patient. Give my writing a little more thought and energy.
And drink lots of tea so I can talk again by Sunday!

No comments: