Wednesday, April 21, 2010

KICK ASS

I admit it. I’m addicted to Sci Fi/Fantasy/Super Hero movies. I’ve even lined outside in a blizzard waiting to get into one.

Kick Ass didn’t cut for me. I wanted to care for the characters and understand the premise behind their actions. Honest, I did.

The only character I liked is Kiss Ass, the geek, who only wanted not to be invisible to girls. The plot is hard to understand and at times the character’s actions make no sense. Sometimes it felt like I was inside an insane asylum. The biggest problem is that I didn’t believe in the story.

Some critics gave the movie 4 out of 4. Moviegoers on http://www.cinemaclock.com/
gave it an 8.3 out of 10. I’d give it a 2 out of 10.

If you love watching a thirteen-year-old girl slash throats and dismember bodies or are thinking of becoming a serial killer, possibly you might like it. Could it be that we are conditioned to accept violence and gore in movies?

My husband liked it. What can I say?

No comments: