Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Greetings from Glenn

March 31, 2010

Thanks for all the correspondence. It is nice to feel connected to friends back home while I am having a great adventure in Alberta.

I am meeting very interesting, intelligent and friendly people, some are blacksmiths, writers, musicians, a makeup artist from the film industry, a gentlemen who has done stunts in movies and a myriad of other regular, but genuinely nice, people!

There is a young man (Sam Tessier) who is working part time at the same place I am working at. It just so happens that his mother is a minister and has written a couple of books. (I think on things like grieving and so on.) I got her email for Anita if she wants to contact her and speak to her about being a minister and of course the shared interest in writing.

I’ve been to the Calgary symphony, seen a friend play guitar in a bar in Calgary. I went to a group called “Ideas” on a night when they were talking about prose. What an insightful, intellectual, thoughtful and eclectic group of people that was! One of the bodies at that event called me a few days later to see if I would like to take part in a writer’s workshop on April 10, 2010. (I may do it if time permits.)

Also, my very generous host is having a dinner party this Friday, (April 2, 2010) and he has invited Warren Harbeck (a journalist from “The Cochrane Eagle” and a journalist from the “Calgary Herald”, Trent Edwards. Kind of cool to have a round table of writers for dinner. Enough about me.

I hope you are all well, say hi to everyone for me.

I am including one thing I have written. I may add to it later but for now this is what it is.

Hope you are all enjoying not only what you are writing but the process of writing as well.

Talk later.
Glenn and his dog Duff.

P.S. Ask Harry if he would read the poem. Thanks.

1 comment:

Diane Bator, Author & Book Coach said...

Tell Glenn he should check out Cowboy Poetry in southern Alberta. Pincher Creek has a huge one every year but I'm not sure when. He would love it. He could meet up with Don Brestler who is a wonderful cowboy poet (and former police officer) he lives in Twin Butte. There are only about three houses there so he's easy to find. My inlaws live in the one next door to him!