Wednesday, April 7, 2010

JOURNAL WRITING

On busy days, I forge through my journals looking for something to post on the blog. I agree with Julia Cameron that morning pages or journalling is a form of spiritual practice.

January 4, 2005

I wait for inspiration to stalk me but I cannot hear its voice. Is it time for focused writing? I will miss the joy of writing randomly and waiting for gold to appear on the page that feels like magic.

I will miss looking forward to the wild abandonment that floods my page. Why should I forsake journal writing with all its pleasure? Writing in flow is awesome. It soothes my soul who longs to express itself. It feels like luxury when I write down each thought that arrives uninvited.

My soul longs to write in this carefree moment without worry or stress. Keep the pen moving and don’t cross out. These are the precious words that my soul gratefully acknowledges. Focused writing isn’t as simple. Journal writing feels like I’m having communion with God and my soul is receiving a love letter.

It is as if my soul has connected with the Oneness and it feels complete. All the pieces of my soul amalgamate together to form words on the page. When I create my soul rejoices.

My soul is the happiest when I seize the moment and allow it freedom on the page. It breathes a sigh as creativity feels like home to it and it relishes each word that I write. For this sweet moment of time, my soul experiences its uniqueness and purpose. Overwhelming joy floods my heart and body. My soul acknowledges my creativity and I believe being creative keeps me healthy.

I am the Great Poet’s daughter.

Amen.

1 comment:

J.E. Self said...

Sometimes, instead of preceding my words, inspiration proceeds from them. I make the effort to write,and inspiration flows from some untapped spring hidden deep within. I guess that's one of the things I love about writing. The surprise of inspiration.
Jayne