Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twitter

The question was brought up on Sunday as to whether anyone was following Twitter. I said I was but only so that my Triond posts could be seen. I went on to say the only people I follow are celebrities. I'd like to correct that. I follow Writer's Relief, some agents, other writers. I should probably "follow" Writer's Digest.

Today I posted a new article on Triond - "Beyond The Writing Group". You can check it out here: http://writinghood.com/writing/beyond-the-writing-group/. (By the way, my last post, which was a prompt from two weeks ago, has been requested by another member. He wants me to submit it to his blog. The Flash Fiction - Fifteen Minutes of Fame - was better than I thought!)

Shortly after my article posted I received an email saying Daniel Audet is now following me. I looked at his profile. He is a writer. I checked out his blog and thought it might be of interest to some of you. You can see it here: http://thewritersroad.com/

Twitter is another form of networking that you might want to think twice about. Just be careful who you follow (though you can always block them) because some people will post relentlessly. There is one writer on there who wants her work to be seen to the point where she will post and repost the same thing over and over again. A bit annoying but I just skim through them.

1 comment:

Diane Bator, Author & Book Coach said...

Great article, Pat. I enjoyed the comments you already got on it as well. A lot of people don't think about getting together with other writers to support each other.