Thursday, February 4, 2010

THE EDGE OF DARKNESS - Movie

Besides watching Dexter, I've been watching movies.

For the first time, I watched a movie (The Edge of Darkness) as a writer. It shocked me. I watch movies for entertainment.

Lately, since I started to blog, I’ve watched movies thinking about the screenplay afterwards.

During the movie, I whispered the ending of the movie to my husband. “The writer can’t end it any other way.”

The movie is full of action and is suspenseful. During one scene, I screamed and jumped. The last time I did this was watching Wait Until Dark and Alien (old movies).

Edge of Darkness is the story of Thomas Craven (Mel Gibson), a Boston cop, and his quest to find the murderer of his twenty-four-year-old daughter. The scenes of a young Emma Craven and her father are touching.

The movie hooks you from the beginning but it wasn’t until later that I realized the connection.

I loved the ending. Even though I predicted it, the movie is entertaining and thought-provoking.

No comments: