Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DEXTER

DEXTER – Characterization

Long Ridge E-newsletter mentions characters and I thought I'd write about one of my favourite characters.

If they can make Dexter (a serial killer) likeable then surely there’s hope for our characters.

Boxing Day, my husband bought the first two seasons of Dexter and we became addicted to watching him. After watching the first two seasons, we purchased the third season. And we watched it.

I talked to Laura about it and I think it’s because Dexter’s character is in constant transformation. He’s always evolving. On the show, all the characters are unique and believable. I especially like Debra, his sister, a cop who swears and constantly drops the “F” bomb.

Right now, I’m thinking about reading the novels by Jeff Lindsay, crime novelist, who’s novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter is the basis for Dexter, the TV series. I’ll keep you posted.

Before Dexter, I couldn’t imagine liking a “serial killer”.

No comments: