Thursday, March 25, 2010

JOURNAL WRITING

Since I started to post to our Blog, I've grabbed entries from my journal. I've written poetry, short stories, essays, and a novel in my journal. After I write three morning pages (The Artist Way by Julia Cameron), I then continue writing especially if I'm in flow.

Label is a poem that I wrote probably in 2004.

LABEL
If it weren’t for the sorrow in my soul,
I might have done great things
It’s not that I didn’t try
As much as I believed
The label that my family
wanted me to wear

4 comments:

J.E. Self said...

I am glad you are labeling yourself.
Jayne

Anonymous said...

Your glad? Pls. explain.

Thanks Jayne for commenting and thanks for posting on our blog. It was informative and interesting.

J.E. Self said...

I am glad you are discovering and defining who you are, and not letting others force you into the mold they think best fits.
:)Does that help?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jayne . . . I've got a migraine today, can you tell? Your last comment is exactly what the poem meant to me!

Thanks for your clarification. Yes, it helped a lot. I feel so much better.
Blessings