Monday, March 15, 2010

An E-mail from Alex

I thought I would pass on the note I got from Alex this past week. He will be leaving us for a while - but I'll let him put it (with his permission) in his own words:

Hi Diane,

I shall not be back now until the fall. Argentina is calling for a month - my blogsite is www.lodgeatpinecove.blogspot.com and I shall be writing little observational essays, as I travel across that lovely land with my backpack - please send it on to the others if that is appropriate. In the fall I may well be off to Argentina for the winter and if not, Devon, UK or Victoria, B.C. I know, I know they are all such boring places but I am looking to find a spot with a bit more warmth and a place where I shall not be bothered a lot. I want to start "really" writing and if Argentina, then I shall also learn Spanish with the hope of reading Neruda, Marquez, Lorca, Borges and all the other great Spanish poets and authors in their own language. W then to see only glimpses of these giants of literature in our part of the world which is a pity.

So, thanks to everyone and I really mean that. You were welcoming, interesting, and full of humour.

All the best,
Alex

Just a footnote, Alex has my address and will try to send postcards and notes via snail mail when he can. Aside from that, be sure to check out his blog!

Diane

No comments: