Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thoughts Writing Group

It’s Thursday at 2:04 P.M. and I don’t have a clue what I’m going to post to the Blog today. I made a commitment to post at least three days a week. We asked for people to volunteer and only three of us were crazy enough to say yes.

But a commitment is a commitment, isn’t it? If I neglect to post today, will I fall by the wayside? To me, life is based on two things—practice and habit. If I neglect my writing (practice) then when I want to write will the muse desert me? So far, I’ve made it a habit to post at least three times a week. I know once I stop any habit, it’s difficult for me to start again.

Right now, I made a commitment to my husband and so far so good. Without commitment from our members to attend writing sessions/meetings we wouldn’t have a group. Do some of our members loose the habit of attending? Or have they stopped writing practice?

Whatever it is, we welcome back lapsed members. Come join us for another session in January 2010. We miss you! Remember the joy of having written.

The late Ed Wildman said, ”You’ll never have writer’s block again, if you use Natalie Goldberg’s rules for writing practice."

DON’T FORGET: Headwaters Writers’ Guild’s Christmas Celebration at King’s Buffet, Saturday, December 5, 2009 at 1:00 P.M.

SEE YOU THERE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
!


(This is an example of writing practice or going where the pen takes you.)




No comments: