Wednesday, December 2, 2009

QUOTE - Vincent van Gogh

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."– Vincent van Gogh

“We spend our whole lives in unconscious exercise of the art of expressing our thoughts with the help of words."

More quotes at
http://www.vangoghgallery.com/misc/quotes.html

At around twelve I went through a phrase of reading about the masters. I loved Lust for Life by Irving Stone. It’s the story of one of the greatest painters, Vincent van Gogh. I realized that Vincent van Gogh painted for creativity’s sake as he only sold one painting during his lifetime, Red Vineyard at Arles.

Writing is a lonely profession and sometimes I think what the heck am I doing? Who do I think I am? Then, I remember Vincent and I sit my butt back on the chair and practice my art hoping that one day I will become a best-selling author. Another part of me remembers the joy I experience after I write and I do it for the joy of it.

Writing practice (where you allow yourself to go where the pen takes you) is a gratifying experience. And quite possibly, you might become the writer of your dreams.

No comments: