Thursday, December 10, 2009

NEW MOON - the book and the movie

When I read New Moon in the Twilight series, I didn’t like it as much as the other books. Laura and I conversed re the series and we agreed that Stephenie Myers, the author, needed to write New Moon in order to set-up the rest of the series.

The movie, New Moon is a good adaptation of the book. The special effects re the werewolves are outstanding. But the movie lacks the action of the first book and the movie Twilight. My husband, a non-reader, loved the first movie but fell asleep at the show watching New Moon. He complained, “There’s not enough action.” I enjoyed the movie even though it lacked action, as I’d read the book.

In New Moon, the characters are more developed. Bella is plunged into deep despair re the loss of Edward. Jacob’s friendship with Bella is prominent in New Moon. We understand Jacob’s longing for Bella. Some people might even root for Jacob to win but there’s no doubt that Edward is somebody special especially to Bella.

I, too, would have preferred more action in the book, as well as the movie. Writers should remember to keep the story moving, as it’s all about the story!

Keep writing!

No comments: