Sunday, January 8, 2012

Minutes of Meeting January 8, 2012

Darn it. The blog has changed and I'm having trouble with it. Did I ever mention that I hate change. I know life is all about change but it doesn't mean that I have to like it does it? Diane led today to it's my turn to post the minutes.

Aren't I the lucky one. I'll have to hurry and type it before I can't decipher what I wrote.

WELCOME TO NEW MEMBER Julie. She's an experienced blogger with lots of info that we hope she'll share with us. She blogs at

www.soberjulie.com

Ron wanted to know if his piece in our anthology would be considered published. Marilyn said, "They can google you and find out everything about you." Ron agreed. "The Internet knows more about me than I do."

Someone said, "I can't believe the children's photo that everybody posts to Facebook." I said, "Truman Capote's book, In Cold Blood changed my life. It's based on two men who kill a whole family. They had a photo of the thirteen year ago and they fantasized about having sex with her. At that time the murder was unusual. After reading that book, I never carried photos of my children."

Marilyn said, "I solved that problem, I carry pictures of other people's children."

Danielle brought in a beautiful book Untamed Garden for us to look at.

We talked about editing. I suggested that my biggest problem is not listening to myself. That I am learning to go with my instincts. I think that it's a lack of confidence in my writing. I suggested to go with the Aha moments when you're editing.

Also, I've learned the old saying is correct, too many cooks spoil the broth. So I've decided to use only one editor, one that understands the way I write. Thanks Laura.

Clare wanted to brainstorm re his article for Sideroads. Marilyn  took a course on articles, and they said you should change your style to match the editor's style. She did this,submitted articles and the editors just loved them and they didn't change one word.

Diane's Prompts
  1. The world will end December 21, 2012.
  2. To clear the clutter from my life, the first thing to go would be . . .
  3. Why do you write?
  4. Having another drink.
  5. Painting the ceiling.
  6. And she added this in pen . . . you'd have to be there . . . What if Ron was pregnant?
Ron read his piece first . . . If Ron was pregnant . . . we laughed.

Patricia chose to clear the clutter form my life, the first thing would be her family. We discovered that she really wants an office of her own. She realized this while working through The Artist Way.

Julia chose have another drink. It's part of a novel that's she working on. Good job Julia. It was her first time reading her work. Do you remember your first time?

Sonja read what if I were pregnant . . . it might fulfill a prophecy . . . and other gems that made us laugh.

Jayne's clutter consisted of letting go of expectations. Very profound. She said, "Every ten years or so I can be profound." I disagree. I heard profoundness from her before.

I chose the end of the world and Sonja said, "The world's been ending since time began." My goodness we were profound today.

I'll edit my raw writing and post my piece. Everyone is welcome to post what they wrote today on our blog or anything else.

Diane chose the end of the world. And she just kept eating those donuts 'cause if the world is ending . . .

Danielle chose to clear the clutter from her life. It involves taming her front closet and some shoes that are committing infidelity .

Joe chose why do I write and he's been writing since he was very young. We learned a lot about Joe's love of writing.

Marilyn, our resident comic, said, "Now for something completely different." She painted the ceiling. David is a very lucky man.

Clare had a nightmare when he painted his ceiling. We laughed.

We had lots of fun and we really MISSED YOU!

No comments: