Saturday, April 29, 2017

Writing Prompts from April 23, 2017, meeting


Several people shared their writing. Then Clare played 4 different musical numbers from CD's and had us jot down what the music made us feel. We discussed each. There was little time left at this point so Clare handed out a page of prompts for us to take home. These are listed below:

1. He/she had absolutely no memory of the strange things he/she had done.

2. The recurring dream from her/his childhood had returned with increasing intensity and always woke her/him at the moment when ____________________

3. All it takes is one crazy old farmer to __________________________

4. He grabbed the satchel and ran like hell...

5. The Doberman growled and yanked against its chain. I heard a snap. Then I was off!

6. The spinning tires kicked up a shower of gravel as the car took off.

7. That Friday the 13th was a day I'll never forget.

8. "Now you see it, now you don't," the magician cackled as my wallet disappeared in a puff of smoke.

9. The lights blinked off one at a time until I was in complete darkness.

10. When I threw the live skunk into the outhouse I knew that Aunt Mabel would _____________



Next meeting is Sunday, May 7th, 1:30pm
Don is scheduled to lead

No comments: