Monday, February 24, 2014

Richard Scarsbrook is Back in Orangeville

In 2013, we were delighted and pleasantly surprised when the Orangeville Public Library sponsored creative writing workshops with Richard Scarsbrook, award-winning fiction writer, poet and creative writing teacher (Humber College and George Brown College).

In the last series of workshops, we brought in twenty copies of our short story or creative non-fiction (1,500 word max), or a series of poems. Richard critiqued them along with input from writers attending the workshops.

It is interesting to take a creative writing workshop by a writer who is both informative and a great speaker. He’s never boring and he's entertaining. I am prone to day dreaming, but at Richard’s workshops, I hung on to his every word.

Richard is not only a good writer but he’s an excellent teacher. And most of the workshops were filled. I always arrived early to make sure I had a chair at the front.

Richard is a genius for pointing out not only what’s good with your writing but what is missing from it. He helped me with my editing skills and to perfect my short story.
Fortunately for writers, the Orangeville Library will again be offering free creative writing workshops with Richard Scarsbrook, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.

Monday, March 31, 2014
Monday, April 28, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014


For further information, please check out:

http://www.orangeville.library.on.ca/events_detail.php?id=680&s=


Mark your calendars. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed.

No comments: