Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolutions

Has anyone made a resolution for 2013?
When I told my son I resolved not to make resolutions, he pointed out that was a resolution in itself. Busted.
Writingwise, I've made myself two promises:
1) I am putting together a collection of short stories (Thanks, Ruth, for bringing that up at Author Day!)
2) I am writing.

Granted, there are times I want to shelve it all.
Let's face it. Life gets in the way. We get sick, our loved ones get sick, we get discourage, we'd rather stuff jalapeno peppers up our noses than face another blank page...the list goes on.

Give it up. The excuses, I mean. We've heard them all. We've probably said them all.
At the end of the day, the end of the year, all we can do as writers is to WRITE!

Happy New Year to you all.





 

1 comment:

What Ruth Writes said...

So glad to hear you are compiling your short stories--a great resolution! :) Hope you (and all your family are feeling better---seems like a necessity if we want to keep writing...
Can't wait to read some of your short stories. :)
LOl
Ruth