Happy New Year! It was great to see such a wonderful turn-out to our first meeting of the new year. Our writers were itching to get back at it.
Patricia posted on Facebook a link from Canada Reads regarding a contest on writing about a song that had some significance to a time in your life. You can access the details here: http://www.cbc.ca/books/canadawrites/2013/01/call-for-submissions-the-songs-that-changed-your-life.html
Danielle has entered an online writing contest. Only 30 writers started the competition and after each round a certain number were eliminated. Danielle is entering the third round now with 9 other competitors. She read the story she will be submitting this round. With two rounds to go we are cheering for Danielle. Her story is worthy of moving on.
Following are today's prompts as provided by Judy:
1. The rooms were empty, but they heard muffled voices coming from somewhere inside the house.
2. "People don't feel so threatened by a guy and a girl hitch-hiking together," he said dragging her to the edge of the road.
3. "All these years I told myself that if you'd loved me my life would have been _______________," she said.
4. "One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry," he said, quoting Oscar Wilde.
5. The jagged edges of the ___________ prevented them from ______________...
6. Aunt Edna's diary was a tantalizing banquet full of ____________ and ___________.
7. Every room of the ____________ opened out onto a ___________ filled with ____________.
8. Jenna's last day poured like blood from an artery from the pages of the lost diary.
9. A stiff portrait of the former occupants of the house peered out at him from behind grimy grease spotted glass.
10. The space beneath the loose floor board revealed a ________________ .
11. The masquerade was over. She stumbled upon his true identity.
12. She was wakened at ___________ by a _____________ in _______________.
A challenge/suggestion was put forth to write something based on mothers. Bring it to our May 5th meeting to share at the beginning in honour of Mother's Day. Note: We do not have a meeting on Mother's Day.
Our next meeting is on Sunday, January 27th at 1:30pm. Diane is scheduled to lead.