Sunday, July 1, 2012

This is Who I Am

Just Who Do You Think You Are?
• First and foremost I am a mother of 2 beautiful, smart, athletic and talented teenage daughters. My daughters make me laugh, and make me proud. Their accomplishments astound me.
• I am a wife. I love my husband and am fully devoted to him.
• I am a daughter. Unfortunately my father is no longer of this world but my mother is. I think of her every day and wish I could do more for her. I inherited my sense of humour from my father.
• I am a giver; I get that from my mother.
• I am a sister. I have two sisters, one brother, and my eldest brother is deceased. We are years apart in age and I didn’t really grow up with them, except for the one brother.
• I am an aunt and great-aunt.
• I am a Christian. I try to live my life the way I believe God wants me to.
• I am a Lector Ministry Leader. I schedule and train the lectors at our church.
• I am a writer of fiction, non-fiction, short stories and poetry.
• I am a reader. I love to read and write book reviews when I just can’t keep a book to myself. I love to support other writers.
• I am a member and secretary of a writing group. The Headwaters Writers’ Guild has been in operation for almost 9 years, I have been a member for 8. We support and motivate one another in our writing endeavours including attending book launches and purchasing their bodies of work.
• I am a cook - but not always. I now know why my mother said to me when I was a teenager, “I get tired of thinking up new meals every day.”
• I am a chauffeur. I drive my children to sporting events, parties, friends’ houses, church, shopping, and where ever they need to go. Fortunately my oldest daughter drives now and I let her drive me.
• I am a soccer mom. I also coached indoor soccer this past winter, which I promise I will never do again.
• I am a teacher, nurse, secretary, and psychologist.
• I am a laundress (is that a word?)
• I am a 15-year sufferer of fibromyalgia, known as a fibromite. I do my best to control the disease and not let it control me. Sometimes it wins.
• I am a golf widow, and accept it. Besides, he does the house cleaning.
• I am a friend. Most of my friends are through the writing group or church. I am always there to help my friends.
• I am a proud Canadian. I was born and raised in Toronto but love living in suburban Orangeville.
• My birth name is Mary Patricia Bird, the name I have chosen to write by; most people know me as Patricia Gallant.
• I am a student. I am learning something new every day.
• I am a procrastinator, and NOT proud of it.

Who are you?

No comments: