Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Writing Challenge

Is everybody really busy this summer with family and summer activities? Does anyone wish they could just sit down and write something totally mindless? Since we don't have another meeting until the end of the month, I have a challenge for you that should only take a few minutes and can be totally mindless, whimsical, fun.

Take a book that you have yet to read. Just from looking at the cover of the book write a synopsis of the story. It need not have anything to do with the real story behind the cover. Post the cover of the book and your synopsis on this blog. You can also share it with us at one of our meetings.

I must give credit where credit is due. I read this idea in a blog, The Bookish Type, as part of a contest. I thought it would be fun to do something a little different for our members. It's not the sort of idea we can use as a prompt because we don't have books readily available, and I'm not about to lug a bunch of books to a meeting. And if you're like me, I miss not having regular meetings. So consider this a meeting online.

Take a look at your "to be read" pile. Or, if you're like me, you may have a collection of books you have read but couldn't begin to remember what the story was about.

So take a little time and write something silly. Hopefully we'll get to read it here on the blog, and hear about it at our next meeting on July 24th.

Keep cool.

2 comments:

na said...

Great idea, I will post one soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea, Pat :)