Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Assignment for Those with Nothing Better to do . . .

I was reading Nathan Bransford's site earlier and he posted a question to his readers.
Which book do you with you had written?

For me, that's an easy answer: Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones, which is the book we use in the HWG as our blueprint for writing. Not to say that we follow it to the letter, but we recommend it to EVERYONE! I've actually had my copy since 1993. It was a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law and his then wife. I cherish it, dog-ears and all.

In years since, I've read most of Ms. Goldberg's books. I've also been fascinated by New Mexico, where she teaches, and in true Goldberg fashion have been known to walk in the rain just to record all the sensations of raindrops falling down my face and soaking my clothes.

So, fellow writers, I throw down the gauntlet. Which book do you wish you had written?

2 comments:

Mary Patricia Bird said...

What book do I wish I had written? I wish I could finish writing my own. LOL!

How many people wish they had written Harry Potter? ;)

Robin said...

I wish I had written Sin and Syntax(another book on writing with quite a bit of wit).