Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HARRY WINS - POETRY SLAM VICTORY

On Saturday November 7, 2009, Judy and I attended the Words Aloud Poetry Slam Fest at the library in Owen Sound.

Our own Harry Posner performed. His performance was ranked 4th. He has a professional stage presence and we were disappointed that the judges hadn't rated him higher.

We delighted in listening to all the spoken word artists. There’s something magical when poetry is read aloud.

Barbara Adler's performance amused and entertained us. She is a Vancouver Spoken Word Artist, writer, musician, and workshop facilitator. She is a founding member of the band, Fugitives.

The second Poetry Slam was held on Sunday, November 8, 2009 in Durham and I have cut and pasted Harry’s email to Judy and I.

I just wanted to thank you for coming up to Owen Sound to support my first foray into slam poetry. It was great having your energy to back me up! Finishing fourth was awesome, as well. Now...awesome as that was...the next day (today) in Durham, I managed to win the whole damn thing! It was only a two rounder (I did the jazz poem and the howl poem), but still an amazing result for my second slam ever. Just wanted to pass my joy on, and say thanks, again.
Cheers, Harry aka Monster of Mayhem


I would recommend the Words Aloud Spoken Word Festival for all poets and storytellers. Workshops were held during the festival. Please check out http://www.wordsaloud.ca/
I’m sure Harry will let us know about next year’s festival.

No comments: