Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Famous Writer

As I sat in the shade with book in hand between soccer games at a tournament in Burlington this past weekend, I spoke to some of the other mothers. One of the mothers, whom I had never seen before, approached me. "Are you the famous writer?" she asked me.

I hesitated but decided to agree with her and laughed. I didn't ask her, however, where she got that from. Did she see Len's article in Sideroads? Did she receive an email from me with my links in my signature and checked them out? I was taken off-guard by the question and even uncomfortable... uncomfortable enough to not ask where she read my writing. Like I said, I didn't know who she was, so how did she know who I was? Was it obvious I was Mel's Mom and she connected some imaginary dots?

Ah well, however she determined who I was, somehow I have now become a "famous writer". LOL!

No comments: