Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Orangeville Public Library Newsletter

I want to inform you all that I have been contacted by the Orangeville Public Library regarding including information about our group in their newsletter. I told them I was unaware there was a newsletter. Anyway, I sent them a little blurb about our group including the web address and my contact info. (Apparently they have been receiving a lot of inquiries about the group, particularly from people with no internet access).

I was also asked if the group could provide a Valentine's poem or something. Since it is very short notice I could not have the group work together on this. I looked at the poem we wrote collectively awhile back. Each attendee at that session wrote a 5-line verse. I felt that was too long. So I provided a short love poem I had written for my husband awhile back. I am not trying to step on anyone's toes or put myself at the forefront here. She was on a deadline and she wanted something for Valentine's Day. I did ask if they would like us to provide something for future newsletters (ie a poem written by a different member every edition - not sure if it's monthly). She is going to check with her superiors and get back to me on that.

I was advised to grab a newsletter next time I'm in the library. I guess they keep them on the counter as well as pinned to the bulletin board. My poem may not even be included, but information on HWG will be. So watch for the newsletter next time you're there.

This coming weekend we have a gab session on Saturday at noon at the Coffee House.

Keep happy!

No comments: