We discussed possible dates for this year's Open Mic Night. Thursday, April 30th was settled upon. Due to the change in the library's hours, the event will take place from 6pm to 8pm.
There is a giant book sale in Elora on May 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Members of the group are going to go together on Saturday, May 2nd, to fill up their book bags.
We discussed more ideas for events in 2020. An informal event surrounding NaNoWriMo in November will be proposed to the library. It was also suggested we do a Beta Reader Day at one of our meetings inviting authors of the community to participate.
Continue to work on your writing prompts and submit them to Virginia for the anthology. We are hoping to publish this fall.
1. Even a kick in the butt is a step forward.
2. You go for a walk in fresh snow. Suddenly you realize you're not leaving any footprints.
3. He stared at the lottery ticket and read the numbers eleven times before he was sure.
4. Tell a story about a celebrity meeting you.
5. Her job interview did not go so well.
6. Write a story about someone cleaning out their attic. They find an old piece of clothing, and inside of the pocket is an old keepsake.
7. Write about a character's secret area of expertise, something most of their acquaintances would be surprised to learn they know tons about.
8. "You're early," he finally says.
Sunday, February 9th, 1:30pm