Sunday, February 7, 2016

Photo Prompt - February 7, 2016 - Mary Patricia Bird


This was the photo I chose for our prompt this week. We were to write a letter to or from one of the people in the photo.

Hi Ash,

How are you? I miss you so much. I'm still totally pissed at my parents for moving across the country and enrolling me in the stupid private school. I hate it. I haven't made any friends there. When I wait at the bus stop every morning I am the only kid wearing this damn uniform. No one else in our neighbourhood goes to St. Bart's. So I haven't made friends there either.

Remember when we used to walk to school together? We'd always be following those boys from the higher grades, ogling over them. Especially that Terry Watsworth guy. Do you still see him? I know he was supposed to graduate, but did he? Did he stay in town? You know, I keep looking around hoping I'll see him here. The university here is a good one. He could be here. I know, wishful thinking on my part.

The boys here are stupid, and ugly and don't talk to me, don't even look at me.

Dang, Ash. I had so much fun with you and the old gang back home. But moving here? A new life, my mom said. A new start, new friends. Well that's bullshit. I want to be back in Redwood. I'm saving my allowance and as soon as I have enough money I'll come out to see you. Maybe I'll even stay. Would your parents mind if I moved in?

Private school is okay in that we're all wearing the same damn thing, the teachers are nice but it's kinda hard to stand out in a crowd, know what I mean? It's like I'm invisible. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE!

We'll work something out. Give Adam a hug for me.

Write back soon.

Your BFF Sienna.

1 comment:

Sonja Wolter said...

So totally teenager :-) Awesome Patricia.