Sunday, January 24, 2016

2016 - A New Year for the Headwaters Writers' Guild

I took a picture of one of our members at group. As I came to post it I decided to write a little ditty to go with it. So here is Clare, and think of the tune to the Beverly Hillbillies.


Let me tell you a story 'bout a man named Clare
A retired school teacher who is losing his hair.
One day he was shooting a bunch of crap
When he turned around and bought this cap.

Fur, that is, coyote fur.
Worn on his head.
Keeps him warm, he said.


A new year for the Headwaters Writers' Guild, our 13th year. And we're going to become a little more active here. Members of our group will be submitting and/or posting essays about writing, excerpts from stories they've written, poetry, or writings from prompts at group.

Now I'll share a picture of the wishful thinker who is running this page:

Mary Patricia Bird
Dreamer


No comments: