Sunday, August 24, 2014

Thank you

For those of you who don't know, I've had an amazing, busy year so far.

I have a contract with Books We Love and have written 3 books for them so far with plans for 2 more next year. The Bookstore Lady, The Mystery Lady, have been released and will soon be available in both e-book and print. The Bakery Lady will be released this November, hopefully in both forms as well.
                      

This past week, I also received a contract from Gemma Halliday Publishing for 2 books in a martial arts series. The first of these is Death of a Jaded Samurai.

In addition to my day job, I am taking on two new tasks. One as an Author Liaison at BTS e-Mag.
The second as an Editor working from home. More information is available on my website Diane Bator, Editor.
I am also all over Facebook and Twitter for those of you on those social media sites.

So why is my blog post titled "Thank You"?
It all goes back to April 2007 when I walked in to my first meeting of the Headwaters Writers' Guild. In those seven plus years, I've become a better writer, editor and person. I have found the courage to write and submit many novels and even greater courage to be proud of my accomplishments. For those of you I've traveled this dusty road with, I thank you for sticking with me, supporting me and helping to teach me that time waits for no one. To those we have loved and lost in our group, Len & Janet, you are guiding angels to those of us who knew you.

Nancy had a great quote on her page of prompts today that I shared with her years ago. It's one I live by and love:  "I am not afraid. I was born to do this." ~ Molly Anderson-Childers



No comments: