Monday, March 21, 2011

FITNESS


I chose the word, "fitness" from out list of prompts at our last writing meet, March 20th. One word jumped out at me and reminded me of a few conversations I've had with doctors. The actual conversations didn't go as described below, but that's what imagination and embellishment are for: :-)

Fitness, fitness, fitness! I feel like a bloody machine! I workout every day, well .... I give myself one day off at least. God, I hate exercising! I keep hearing that it eventually becomes easy and fun ... 'eventually' is nowhere in site to be found.

"Lose weight, eat healthier, and exercise more or I'll put you on cholesterol medication" instructed the doctor.

"Oh God, NO! Anything but that! I'll do it .... I'll eat better, I'll exercise more. I don't want go on the medication; you take it to fix a problem, but then you need different medication for the side effects of the first medication!" I said.

"Well, that's true" said the doctor with a slight smile on his face.

Check out my blog page @ http://www.kelli-curtis.blogspot.com

No comments: