Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MEETING - OCTOBER 17, 2010

I crawled out of my sick bed and attended the meeting ‘cause Marilyn was to bring the proofs re the Anthology. As luck would have it, Marilyn had sent an email to the group explaining that she hadn’t received the proofs but it landed in my Spam folder.

We need to proof our own stories, poetry, and our bio.

We agreed at the meeting that possibly some members should meet with Marilyn to speed up the process. As per Marilyn’s emails the dates are as follows:

It's Here! It's Here! Oh Frabjous day!the following are my availabilities -
Thursday Oct 21 - 4pm or later - but since I am without car, it must be in Elora

Friday, Oct 22 - At this point, I believe I have the morning available - either Elora or Fergus

Monday
, Oct 25 - Afternoon only - Elora or Fergus

And, of course, I will bring the anthology (it's not in galley format, but in bound book format) to the meeting on the 30th.
Marilyn K

Diane was absent from the group. Did I mention that my brand new laptop died so I had to take handwritten notes? I digress. Diane you were surely missed!

Judy thanked the people involved with the anthology especially Gloria and Richard. She also thank Pat for her work in getting the anthology included for the year end special In the Hills magazine.

Marilyn will continue to look for sponsors for the anthology.

Kelli read a piece that she wrote in Brian Henry’s workshop. It’s about a journal by a 12 year-old girl. I suggested that she read Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney for ideas. Also there’s a movie. I told her that my granddaughter and I have been reading it.

Jenn read her poem Where are our hearts? Powerful poem and I suggest that you check out her Blog—address at the side of our blog.

Judy mentioned that she found the Writing for Children workshop interesting and constructive.

Ron is taking grammar with Barb Glassford at The Learning Enterprise. He read his essay that he written for class. It’s called Remembrance (on D-Day). Clare commented that Ron’s writing has improved considerably. Congratulations Ron, it’s a great piece of writing.

Ron said, “I’m encouraged to write more.”

Ashley has decided to go with Glenn’s suggestion that she move her story from the year 3000 closer to ours. She’s working on revisions.

Rosemary said, “Please bear with me ‘cause I’m ’s a work in progress.”

Ron said, “We all are.”

Rosemary said, “I’m really nervous reading.”

Ron said, “We all are.”

I mentioned that this is what this writing group is all about. It’s to inspire and encourage other writers.

Rosemary read her part of her fantasy chapter book and we all clapped.

Marilyn read her poem Cat, which she informed isn’t her normal genre. Excellent poem— that caught Glenn’s attention. Marilyn is one funny lady!

Glenn read the end of his short story that left a lot of us speechless.

Clare read some of his vignettes from France. He also mentioned that France had literally gone to the dogs. Clare was hilarious as always. You had to be there!

I’ve misplaced Judy’s prompts so I’ll post them later. Jayne and Sonja never got to the part where they were lost in the forest. Some of us used part of the prompt to take us on a journey. Clare used Judy’s prompt to reminisce. I’m always amazed at where the prompts take us.

NEXT MEETING: Sunday, October 31 – Richard is leading
DRESS UP if you wish

LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO POST TO OUR BLOG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank-u nancy...i hope u are feeling better :)

Diane Bator, Author & Book Coach said...

Thank you for taking such great notes, Nancy. I promise I'll be at the next meeting!