Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Early winter?

I awoke this morning to a blanket of snow and high winds rattling the windows in a futile attempt to enter my warm sanctuary. Following an early morning appointment with a physiotherapist to ease my chronic back problem, I did a little shopping and returned to my home office to work on another column for the Newfoundland newspaper chain that carries my outdoor thoughts bi-weekly. It is called 'My Outdoors', and covers a wide variety of topics which relate to outdoor activities. In other news, my latest book, a biography titled "Bill Bennett: Pioneer Bush Pilot and Outfitter", is due for release sometime in November. I have also sent two manuscripts to another publisher in hopes that they will be accepted for publication. One is a young adult book, the other my sci-fi novelette. I am hoping to make it to one of the group's meetings the next time I visit Orangeville. I miss you guys and the banter, as well as the prompts which inspire the creative juices to flow. Hope to see you all soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Len on your new book. Hope to see you soon. Looking forward to another book launch.

We have snow flurries in Orangeville but hopefully Old Man Winter resides up north with you.

Blessings
Nancy