Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WRITING, HWG ONLINE BOOKSTORE

It’s Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:30 AM, and I’m sitting at my computer wondering what to write about. Since I took a holiday from writing around December 17, 2009, I haven’t thought about writing and I’m out of practice of writing where the pen takes me.

Did you write during the holidays?

Sometimes when I take a break from life as I did during the holidays, when I return to daily life, I’m infused with an enormous energy. But whenever I take a holiday from writing, I usually feel paralyzed on the page. My mind becomes blank and I’m at a loss for words.

I like the book, “If You Can Talk, You Can Write” by Joel Saltzman. It infused me with hope that quite possibly I could write. Anybody who knows me knows that I have no problem talking. Actually, I talk too much.

His book answers the question, what do I write about? He includes inspirational quotes along with insights and tricks of the trade on writing.

Now, when I first started writing today, I had no idea that I would write about Saltzman’s book. There is magic in writing where the pen takes you.

Writing morning pages, (“The Artist Way” by Julia Cameron) frees the writer within to write. I highly recommend this book, too.

Have you ordered from our online bookstore? For Christmas, I purchased for myself, The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th Edition (Hardcover) at a cost of $37.93. In the store, the price of the book is $55.00. I saved, $17.07 and Headwaters Writers’ Guild earned money from Amazon.

When ordering books or CD’s online, why not order from our bookstore?

Keep writing and keep happy!

Nancy

No comments: